Terms & Conditions
Warranty and exchanges
Please read the following information to be informed of Archi Imports Ltd's warranty and returns policies. The Consumer Guarantee Act and Fair Trading Act set the minimum standards to which Archi Imports Ltd's products must comply, and how they are sold (see below).
For a product sold by Archi to be returned under our policy, that product must be in an unused resalable condition, unless faulty or otherwise defective.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
The Consumer Guarantee Act sets out minimum standards for goods sold by Archi Imports Ltd. In the event that goods sold are not of good quality or are faulty, the customer has the right to a repair, replacement or a refund.
Fair Trading Act 1986
The Fair Trading Act is designed to protect the customer being misled, either intentionally or unintentionally. This applies to all aspects of the promotion and sale of goods and services including: pricing; where the product was made; where the product is from; the meeting of New Zealand safety standards; availability of products in store and the sales techniques used. The Commerce Commission enforces the Fair Trading Act 1986.
(1). Warranty policy and procedureArchi Bikes and all related accessories sold by Archi Imports Ltd are covered by the normal manufacturer's warranty.
- 1.1 If an item fails before its expected lifespan, please contact us via email (email@example.com) giving us details of the product and fault. Alternatively you may fill in our online return form.
- 1.2 If the item was sold by Archi but is not and Archi branded product, it is then subject to the manufacturers' warranty. Archi will process the warranty claim on your behalf but will not be directly liable to you under the terms of the warranty. You will be responsible for returning the item to us or the manufacturer, and you will be responsible for any additional costs, including but not limited to freight charges.
- 1.3 All Archi branded bikes are subject to our warranty conditions as laid out in your user manual. For a copy, see below, (2), 2.1-2.
- 1.4 Any warranty may be voided by damage to or misuse of the product, or problems caused by inadequate packaging or storage.
- 1.5 Any warranty may be voided if assembly of the bicycle was not completed by a professional bike mechanic. We reserve the right to request proof that the assembly was carried out by a bicycle mechanic (receipt of labour, for example). 1.6 Proof of purchase is required for any warranty. We will confirm through that we have sold you the product(s) prior to return.
(2). Warranty terms for Archi Bicycles
- 2.1 Warranty
Archi bicycle frame and forks are covered under warranty by Archi Imports Ltd. to be free from manufacturing defects or material defects for two years, or for as long as the original purchaser owns the bike, whichever is shorter. Paint finish and other components on the bicycle are warranted to be free from material or manufacturing defects for a period of one year from the original date of purchase for the original purchaser only.
This warranty only applies to Archi bicycles purchased in New Zealand from Archi Imports directly or from an authorized dealer.
All claims made under this warranty must be made to Archi Imports directly or through an authorized dealer, and must be accompanied by a proof of purchase. Any shipping costs must be covered by the owner of the bicycle. Archi Imports reserves the right to replace or repair any claims as they see fit.
All Archi bikes must be properly assembled. Any Archi Bicycle which is purchased in anything other than a fully assembled state must be assembled by a professional bicycle mechanic. Archi Imports reserves the right to refuse any claims resulting from incorrect assembly by the purchaser or a third party.
This warranty is in addition to conditions prescribed by legislation which cannot be excluded by agreement.
- 2.2 Exclusions
The above warranty does not cover wear and tear. All warranties are void if any modifications are made to the bicycle from its original condition, or if the bicycle is used for off-road use or racing in competitive events.
Additionally the above warranty is void if the bicycle is used for abnormal activities, including but not limited to stunt riding, improper use, damage by accident, exposure, misuse, commercial activities, lack of maintenance or failure to follow the Owner’s Manual. The above warranty does not cover damage from rust or corrosion resulting from neglect or improper care of the bicycle.
Except as is provided by this warranty, Archi Imports Ltd. and its employees or agents acting on its behalf shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from the use of or concerning any Archi bicycle. Such loss or damage includes incidental and consequential loss or damage caused by negligence or default. By using an Archi bicycle, the purchaser and any person using the bicycle must agree to read and follow all instructions as outlined in this user manual.
This warranty supersedes and excludes all other discussions, representations and arrangements.
By purchasing an Archi bicycle, you agree to follow all instructions as outlined by these terms. You must understand that by riding an Archi bicycle you do so at your own risk, and that failure to follow the safeguards described by this manual may result in serious injury. Archi Imports Ltd. and all its employees and agents are not responsible for your activities on the bicycle or any damages which result from your use of the bicycle.
(3). Warranty procedure
For all Warranties, Returns and Exchanges please follow the instructions below:
- 3.1 Read the Warranty and Exchanges policies outlined above in (1) and (2) to ensure that your warranty, return or exchange is valid. If you are unsure, contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3.2 If returning any items to us, it is your responsibility to use reasonable packaging and to return the item(s) via insured, traceable courier to the address supplied by Archi Imports Ltd.Please keep any receipts of courier or shipping as we may request these.
- 3.3 Our warranty does not cover items which have been misused, neglect or stored incorrectly. Returns will not be accepted of any item which is not in a new and saleable condition.
- 3.4 we will process any returns or warranties as soon as we can, but this may take up to 5 working days for us to deal with the warranty or return. If it is necessary for us to refund you, it may take up to 10 working days for you to receive the payment through us. We may request additional information in order to process any refunds.
(4). Returns and exchanges
- 4.1 We do not accept returns or exchanges on any items which are used, or in an unsaleable condition as new (unless the item is defective).
- 4.2 We do not accept return or exchanges on sale items as part of our standard policy.
- 4.3 We will not accept return or exchange on any items because the purchaser has changed their mind.
- 4.4 We will not accept any returns or exchanges for an item which is the wrong size unless we have been consulted first to determine the correct sizing.
- 4.5 Any exchanges will be subject to availability of the replacement item.
- 4.6 Proof of purchase will be required for a return or exchange.
- 4.7 A replacement item cannot be dispatched until we have received the item(s) originally purchased.
- 4.8 It is your responsibility to bear the costs of shipping and handling to return an item to us for an exchange or return.We recommend that you use an insured, traceable courier to protect yourself from loss.
- 4.8 In the case of faulty goods, please see the procedures and terms in the above warranty policy outlined in (1), (2) and (3).
- 4.8.1 If the goods are not of acceptable quality we will meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
- 4.8.2 If the goods are damaged from shipping from us, please take a photo of the damage and contact us as soon as possible via email email@example.com or fill in our online return form.
(5). Terms and conditions of trade
Please download and read our full General Terms and Conditions of Trade.